GAC - Granulated Activated Carbon (18x30 US mesh)
Common Uses of our Granulated Activated Carbon
Activated Carbon, both granular and powdered, is used for a huge range of industrial and domestic applications such as:
- Effluent treatment
- Water purification
- Chemical industry processes
- Food technology processes
- Wastewater treatment
- Hydrocarbon removal
- Chlorine removal
- Electrolyte cleaning
- Household filters, small business filtering
- Juice, beer and liquor clarification and treatment
- Fish farms, small or large aquariums
- Taste and odour control
- Air filtration
- Soil decontamination / leachate removal
- Land remediation
- Soil stabilisation
- Swimming pool filter systems
- Firefighting PFOS, PFOA foam contaminant removal
The team at Activated Carbon are happy to recommend the best products for you. Get in touch for more information.
Allan Godber –
Where can I purchase carbon granules suitable for a water filter. I live in Tauranga.
I have a collapsible water filter and I want to change the granules. I used to buy them at Mitre 10, but they don’t stock them any more.
ACNZ Ltd –
Hi Allan, you can purchase carbon granules from our website, GAC = granulated activated carbon http://www.acnz.nz
Yew Fang Fan –
Hi, I would like to know if the activated carbon can be used to in the application of rejuvenate frying oil?
Good Morning, Yew Fang Fan according to google yes it can be used in the rejuvenation of cooking oil. It reduces the acid value and the photometric colour. However we have not tested this ourselves.