ACNZ is a small and highly innovative carbon-producing pioneer company. Being exclusively New Zealand owned, we are the only company in New Zealand producing activated carbon from the significant and abundant bi products and waste produced by the forestry, logging and milling industries. All other activated carbon in New Zealand has been imported to date.
Our company (incorporated in December 2016) is located alongside our plant in Taupo. The location was chosen due to the proximity of the forestry/ milling industries in the region. We have faced enormous and diverse challenges to get us to our current production phase where we are now producing the country’s highest quality activated carbon.
Our product is made from Pinus Radiata waste. It is manufactured via a complex activation technique using pyrolysis which cleans out the cellular structure of the wood to leave an extremely high quality and highly porous adsorbent activated carbon.
The use and benefits of activated carbon cannot be underrated in its ability to combat environmental pollution. It is extensively used in water and air purification; it is used in metal recovery; the food and beverage industries, health and beauty industries. We are very proud to state that our NZ made product rates in the highest quality range and is used for the improving quality of life and environment.
- Our aim is to bring the consumer products that are made with sustainable processes and natural ingredients.
- Health is important to us, we are conscious of what goes in and on our bodies, and our products reflect this.
- We are conscious of our global foot-print: we support local, and source our recyclable packaging and ingredients with this in mind.
- We produce high quailty, affordable products, so gentle the whole family can use.
- Taking a problem by-product from local forestry industry and turning it into a sustainable 100% natural high-quality product.